Peak Performance Programmes
Our ground-breaking programmes are designed to help you achieve your dreams in the equine world.
During the first visit we will work out where the causes of the horses and the riders pain and restrictions come from by following a 45 point check of the stress and trigger points of your horse plus a 25 point check of the rider if needed.
Stage 1- Acute Injury / Pain
Session 1 to 3
- Andy usually likes to watch the horse walk and later in the assessment see it ridden by its usual rider to show any issues which may be affecting the performance. This could be stemming from the rider, conformation, injuries, compensation patterns, ill-fitting saddle including other ill fitting tack, teeth or feet etc.
- Andy would then if possible take a detailed history including any falls or injuries, then check the horse & riders balance with the 45 stress points being checked.
- As a fully qualified and insured human and equine therapist Andy is in the ideal position to check both horse and rider. Andy feels that if we just fix the horse and the rider is crooked or unbalanced then the horse will break down again as it has to compensate for the riders unsoundness.
Stage 2, – Recovery
Session 4 to 8
- Sports massage sessions every 10 to 15 days consolidating the improvements made so far and helping strengthen the deep muscular changes needed.
- Muscles need to be soft and supple to work at their full potential, any knots or tension will cause loss of performance and eventually injury to the muscle fibres.
Stage 3, – Maintenance
Session 9 onwards
- ECKLEY technique sessions every 21 to 28 days or more often if needed due to intense workouts or competitions.
- Regular treatments help recovery from workouts along with reducing the risk of injury.
- In these maintenance sessions the rider should ideally be checked as well.
Would you like Andy to visit your horses and see if he can find out if your horses or riders have any tension or knots that are affecting performance.